Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Freddy Garcia, Viva La Vida and "The CoPa"

Cool. I really don't know much about him, but I guess a fifth starter is needed? Verlander is untouchable and I think Rogers may be in the same boat as JV, 'Raga is our best starter and Miner has been impressive-ish, so that leaves Nate RRRRRRobertson and I don't think the Marlboro man will touch him / his spot in the rotation or a bullpen move doesn't seem likely either, so I don't know what's going on, but between being two games under .500, Sheffield bitching to the press about "platooning" (you have to be kidding...) and with the season slipping away, it doesn't even seem to matter.

--------------------

I'm not a "Coldplay guy," but I needed something to listen to during the two hours it takes weekly to do yard work (I can only listen to the Killers' Sam's Town and Led Zeppelin III so many times) so I gave them a shot with Viva La Vida. Not a bad album at all, the title track and "Death and All of His Friends" are great songs and it's cool seeing a mainstream band with an instrumental album, plus 15th century cover art is always a plus. The fact that Brian Eno produced this gem makes it even more appealing, since I'm a Crimson fan.

-------------------

So I have tickets to Thursday's day game with Toronto and I'm up in Kaline's Corner (money doesn't grow on trees, son). Does anyone have some input on sitting up there? Where are your favorite areas in the park? Best deals? Drop me a comment!

No comments: